1. Mango. I just love mango and every time I eat one it’s a happy moment in my life. Especially here in the US where it is more rare since they are more expensive than in Mexico where we used to have mangoes in the house more often.
2. Berry season. I love berries! It’s one of the things I missed when I lived in India because I couldn’t get them there. I froze a bunch to use for smoothies.
3. This video made my heart smile. It shows how strong love can be.
4. Kitchen makeover! For the first time in my life I took on a home DIY project. Decided to paint the kitchen island. My back definitely hurt at the end but it was really fun. Next week, dining room table and chairs!
5. My husband and I were in a town we barely know yesterday and we were driving around looking for a place to eat. Mostly fast food chains we see and I say: “I would love to eat at an old fashioned diner and have a good burger and fries right now”… We ignore my comment as it is a very specific food fantasy at the moment. We drive by a restaurant called Stuffy’s that is not fast food and decide to go there. I couldn’t believe my eyes when we walked in. The place had old jukeboxes, old fashioned diner style booths and bar stools, decoration like the 50s and a waitress is even wearing a poodle skirt.
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart silently smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback!