This week seemed to have more small pleasures than usual, totaling 8, and about several different things.
1. Having movie night every night this week and catching up on lots of Oscar nominated movies I’ve been wanting to watch. We watched 7 movies and they were mostly all amazing. I especially loved Birdman, The Theory of Everything and The Imitation Game. Hubby really liked American Sniper. As a film buff this made my week super good.
2. Lychee tea as a gift. I love lychees, I love tea, and this tea was so wonderful and pleasant that I had 4 cups in a row! I’ve never done that.
3. Last week it was flowers, and this week hubby went to the store and brought me back some surprise Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I would never buy this for myself partly because I know there is not a single drop of health in it, and partly because it’s a bit pricey. But if someone gets you a Haagen Dazs pint, you gotta eat it.
4. I haven’t been this impressed in a long time: this video of swan lake ballet like you have never seen it before. I just can’t get over the perfection of that girl, the strength while being delicate, the poise… The feelings that this video caused me were intensified by the fact that I spent a lot of years of my life dancing ballet, and it has always been one of the greatest pleasures of mine; it just wasn’t in the cards for me to become a ballerina in this life (I think I already was in a past life.)
5. Sore abs. There is something just quite satisfying about sore abs from working out (100 sit ups in 4 minutes). (By the way, picture number 5 in the collage is obviously not mine, as it is US Navy guys doing sit ups, but that’s how I felt.)
6. Made Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free) and they were a success. Recipe to come!
7. Spontaneous salsa dancing session in the kitchen with both my cats. Seriously, hubby randomly started playing the latin music channel and I started dancing and then I had each of my cats on my arms for almost a full song. They seemed to enjoy it, and I did too. You know how they say laughing is the best medicine? I think dancing has the same power.
8. Paying $1.85 / gallon for gas!
See what others were happy about:
Blog Series : Weekly Pleasures | Just Keep Swimming
My Weekly Small Pleasures #3 | Ethical Living
Weekly Small Pleasures (3) | May 13th
Weekly Delights #3 | Follow me to…
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.