I was away last weekend so I wasn’t able to share my small pleasures of that week but I will include some from last weekend and this week.
1. We went on a 4 hour road trip to Pendleton, OR where we attended a 3 day Red Cross training academy. The drive there was absolutely beautiful as we drove through the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Route. We saw some spectacular scenery, waterfalls, and sunsets.
2. During the academy I took a Defensive Driving class and the following day I took and passed my Red Cross ERV (Emergency Response Vehicle) driving test. There are just a few more classes I need to take to get certified. I also got a certificate in Shelter Fundamentals & Exercise. Exciting stuff.
3. I have an upcoming trip to look forward to. I got a ticket to fly to Mexico City in April to visit family and friends and of course enjoy tons of delicious food, good conversations and possibly some museums or some other fun places in Mexico City.
4. Did a Trader Joe’s run. We don’t have one in our area and we were near one the other day so we stopped to buy a few kitchen staples. I love this store, it’s been a while since I last went. I also discovered a product, the mango & cream frozen bars are delicious. The taste reminds me of the mangoes in India.
5. Had a nice date night dinner with hubby on Friday at the Rock Creek Tavern and had their seasonal pomegranate hard cider, delicious!
6. Bought five beautiful tulips.
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasure — Spring and Jazz | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Weekly Small Pleasures #7 | lizzyreadsbooks
Weekly Small Pleasures #8 | Ethical Living
Small Pleasures Week #8 | lizzyreadsbooks
Weekly delights #10 | Follow me to…
Small Weekly Pleasures #11 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.