This week was FULL of unexpected and unplanned indulgences. The stars alined and sweets and yummy food were coming towards me from all angles. Read on to find out more:
1. Our landlords/housemates left a delivery of donuts by our door from the famous Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. You may have heard of this place which is like an icon in Portland yet we have never been there! and we’ve lived pretty close by for 2 years. So for breakfast this week I had donuts and chai that I brought from India. Felt wrong but awesome at the same time.
2. Sushi on Wednesday! And really good sushi. Sushi used to be our favorite for a long time, it was the first kind of food we went to eat after our 3 month trip to India a few years back. So I don’t know how we haven’t had any sushi in at least a year until today!
3. Cheese. We went to check out a new co-op grocery store and found heavenly cheese including Indian style paneer and Mexican style Oaxaca cheese all from local (Oregon and Washington) providers! Amazing! I bought 4 kinds including monterey jack, goat cheddar, oaxaca cheese and paneer. I have never seen oaxaca cheese outside of Mexico, it was a treat. I love cheese almost as much as chocolate.
4. Speaking of chocolate… hubby after work stopped by a cute french bakery and brought me some of the best cake I’ve ever had. A slice of flourless chocolate and a slice of ginger lemon curd chocolate. Absolutely divine.
5. Continuing speaking about chocolate… we stopped by the store after sushi to buy lightbulbs and I came across a stuffed moose animal with chocolate scent and a christmasy scarf! I could not help myself not to buy it. For many years I had a stuffed animal (a moose from Canada) that I cherished for years and lost it a few years ago. Last year I went to Canada and even looked to buy a new one and couldn’t find one 🙁 So this week I bought me a stuffed moose AND it smells like chocolate. It’s a chocolate mousse… Whaaat?
What made you happy this week?
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!