Last week, I created a weekly blog event in which I invited you to participate by sharing the little things that make you happy every week. I find that these small pleasures are more present in our lives than we think and are easily forgotten or even taken for granted.
Every Sunday I will look back and reminisce about a few little happy things (small pleasures) and share with you. I encourage you to do the same.
Things that made me happy this week:
1. After a long 3 hours of packing and loading for a move, a friend invited us to have lunch at the cool Thai place nearby. The weather was especially perfect for sitting outside. It was a lovely and yummy meal.
2. One of the things I miss about my hometown/city, Mexico City, are the freshly and commonly available aguas frecas. This week I finally gave it a shot to make my own agua de jamaica, and it was wonderful.
3. The flowers surrounding the house we currently rent are really starting to bloom and look so beautiful in the sunshine.
4. My first attempt ever at cooking Chinese food was a success. This is the recipe I tried and it was delicious.
5. On Wednesday, hubby chatted me from work that his company had catered pizza for lunch but he chose to eat the lunch I made and packed for him instead. I couldn’t believe it. How could he resist the pizza? He must really enjoy my cooking! That makes all the prepping, cooking and cleaning worth it.
6. Since we are moving (more news on that later), I have been trying to get creative in the kitchen and cook with only the things we currently have in the house because I don’t want to go grocery shopping before the move (which happens next week). I haven’t bought a single grocery item in 18 days! And the last time I went shopping I spent $75 dollars. It has been quite an achievement.
7. On Friday it was hubby’s first payday from his new job and he came fun with all kinds of Mani happiness: fruit, flowers and dessert, from the world foods store nearby. I had mentioned recently that I was craving fruit and mango and he came home with two mangoes, 2 nectarines, blackberries, strawberries, a watermelon, a grapefruit, flowers, a key lime cupcake and a small chocolate cake. Oh and a scratch it lottery game thingy just for fun. It was amazing.
I told him the the only thing missing in the bag was a kitten and flight tickets to Italy. Otherwise it was perfect 😉
I realize lots of my happy moments revolve around food.
This will be a weekly event. Every Sunday I will share the small pleasures that made me happy that week. You can choose to share the same day or any other day of the week and link back to my most recent post so others can see your post.
How To Participate
- You can share your happiness by writing your own post or by sharing in my comment section.
- You can get creative. You can make a collage, a list, a group of photos, a poem, a drawing, any way you would like to share. You can also share just one or a hundred small pleasures.
- For people to find your post you may link to my most recent post for a pingback or share your link in the comments of my most recent post.
- Tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures”.
- You can name your post whatever you like but preferably include the words: “small pleasures”.
- Come back to the post of the week to see what others are sharing.
- Remember to follow my blog to get your weekly reminders.
The Weekly Small Pleasures Badge
Feel free to include it in your posts or anywhere in your blog! Just copy and paste the whole html code or download and upload the image.