Good week, I guess. Read about it:
1. In the spirit of Halloween, here’s a video that made me laugh!
2. Going to the movies. As long as I live, this will always be a pleasure, unless the movie really sucks but I know enough about movies and myself that I wouldn’t go watch a movie that I’d hate.
3. Beginning the next level up of Aerial Silks class. It’s more challenging and more fun. I also get more time on the silks because there aren’t that many of us in the class.
4. Going to the theater! This was a very spontaneous and unique thing to do, as we don’t usually go to the theater, but I came across a play that sounded good to me and we ended up going that same night. I loved it! It was called Nevermore and it was about the life of Edgar Allan Poe with integration of his poems. It was really good and quite tragic. I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you happen to be in Austin before November 5th, I highly recommend it. It’s also playing in other cities on different dates.
“All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.” E.A.Poe
5. Taking a solitary walk to get some coffee. I always fantasize about walking to a cool local coffee shop or bakery or both, but I never happen to live walking distance to any of them. I do live near a Starbucks, so this week I decided to take a walk in the middle of the day, bring my kindle, order an iced caramel macchiato, and have some enjoyable time to myself. And it was enjoyable indeed.
6. Pan de muerto. Finally! Pan de muerto is the Mexican Day of the Dead bread, which you’ll find appearing nearing the Day of the Dead festivities in November. For years, I have not been in Mexico during this time, nor have I been able to find this delicious bread wherever I lived at the time. Texas has been good to me and gifted me some “bread of the dead”. Well, I had to buy it, so it wasn’t technically a gift, but it was exciting to be able to find some.
Have a great week everyone! Isn’t October going by really fast?
See what others were happy about:
This week’s small pleasures: week 29 – Thistles and Kiwis
Middle Europe Weekly Pleasures #27 – Autumn pleasures | Middle Europe
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.