Yes, it’s been a
few many weeks since I posted one of these. I don’t like writing “hey, sorry for not doing this in a while” because most readers don’t even notice. But I know a few of you probably did. Anyway, not sure what brought me to do so this week. I just thought that it really is a nice way to remember the good things and be grateful no matter what. It’s a nice positive and personal touch for my blog.
It has not been an easy year already. But I’m truly hopeful that this year will be good. Unlike 2016. And with that said, here are a few small pleasures from the last few weeks:
1. A lot of movie going. I love movies and going to the movies, and with the Oscars approaching, I’ve been watching several nominated films and enjoying the experience.
2. Tea and chocolate. This is a small pleasure that normally is a constant in my life but I skipped several weeks of it, and this week I really enjoyed a cup of my favourite tea alongside several squares of very dark chocolate.
3. Classical music. While on many days I didn’t feel like listening to music at all, I got into a kick of classical music. I played it for hours on end for several days. Beethoven, Chopin, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky… I do often forget how much I love this music. And somehow Tchaikovsky managed to get me out of a blue mood. I do know it’s because I have a passion for ballet, but I didn’t know the power of it on me, ingrained in me since I was a little girl.
4. Visiting a good bakery. I do love bakeries. I love pastries, and cookies. And the chocolate chunk cookie at Easy Tiger German bakery is to die for.
5. Aerial Class. I just always have a lot of fun doing weird things on hanging silks.
See what others were happy about:
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures 30– November ’16 | Middle Europe
This week’s small pleasures: the Boxing Day edition | Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: blogmas 19th December | Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: blogmas 12 December | Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: Blogmas 5 December | Thistles and Kiwis
Have a great week!
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.