Here are my small pleasures of the week:
1. A delicious cup of turmeric chai. I bought a new masala chai tea mix and made myself a proper cup of chai on the stove and added fresh ginger and turmeric. It was heavenly.
2. Following the Indian theme, I also made some delicious tikka masala chickpeas. Hubby loved them too.
3. It snowed again. I wasn’t expecting it as it was getting warm an sunny but suddenly one day this week started snowing again. I love snow so it makes me happy.
4. I got to know a new airport! I love airports and it has been a while since I’ve departed or landed, even if for just a connection, at an airport I’ve never been before. It was nice to meet you SLC! The interesting part is that I think this was the first time ever I arrive to a place by car instead of by air. We moved to Utah by driving here in February and yesterday I flew out.
5. Arriving to Mexico City and seeing my family. I arrived yesterday, Saturday and I’ll be returning to Utah next Saturday. I’m looking forward to all the enjoyable moments I’ll be having with friends and family throughout the week, including my birthday! I don’t think I’ve been with friends and family in my hometown on my birthday since 2008.
As a side note… this week I created an instagram for the blog specifically. I had been combining blog and personal into one, but now A New Life Wandering has it’s own, check it out! @anewlifewandering
See what others were happy about:
This Week’s Small Pleasures: episode 5 – Thistles and Kiwis
Have a great week!
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.