The week was alright. Ups and downs. Quite a bit of physical pain and discomfort.. back and neck problems, headaches… But the week was fine with a few small pleasures for sure.
1. Having a Trader Joe’s nearby. I just love it there, and I finally get to shop there whenever I need/want to. As I did last Sunday (after posting last week’s small pleasures). It’s THE best place to stock up your pantry and discover delicious sweet and savoury snacks. They also have the best price on my favourite butter (Kerrygold), and just great prices overall. I was not paid to say this.
2. Treating myself after an intense chiropractor adjustment with two things I love Belgian lambic beer and Viennese wafers.
3. Going to the movies. After not going to the movies in many weeks, we have gone two weeks in a row and I think we’re gonna get back to doing so regularly… about every weekend. I love going to the movies, so it’s always a pleasure. Even though this one may have given me a headache from freezing me and then going out into the intense Texas heat. We saw Florence Foster Jenkins, it was pretty good.
4. DOCTOR WHO! This is bigger than a small pleasure. I had been watching Doctor Who regularly and always enjoying it, and after a life event that occurred in July I stopped. So it had been a few months since I last saw an episode and this week I resumed my Doctor Who watching. I managed two episodes and I just really love that show. I don’t want it to ever end.
5. Last minute small pleasure – I just watched this video and it made me smile the whole time. Best music video ever. Ok, that’s an exaggeration, but I don’t know, I loved the whole thing. And the song.
“Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be”
I hope you had a great week!
See what others were happy about:
This week’s small pleasures: episode 23 – Thistles and Kiwis
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.