Good things happened this week. I had some good laughs, had some good finds, and experienced a major accomplishment. Read about my small pleasures this week:
1. Started Monday morning laughing out loud because of this video link in my inbox.
2. After many days of researching for the perfect protein powder, I finally found it. Protein powders are usually highly processed and often come with ingredients that you don’t want to be consuming. Source Organic makes a non-GMO whey protein powder from grass fed cows with no added chemical flavorings. I have been using it with banana and almond milk to make our protein shakes. It’s not cheap but it is super worth it. The same company also makes a more economical protein powder made from yellow peas.
3. I’m getting stronger! It’s been about a month since I joined crossfit fitness classes and on Friday I did 40 med ball throws, 40 lunge jumps, 600 jump ropes, and 75 sit ups and by the end I wasn’t dying. It feels good.
4. I hiked 3 miles in the snow in 20 degree temperature (and lower) up 700 feet of elevation! This was quite an achievement for me as I have barley hiked in my life (1 or 2 times), let alone in the snow! I definitely felt proud of myself, especially since we didn’t really take our time, we were hustling to get back before it got dark. It was an amazing feeling. I wonder how it would’ve been for me if we tried this about a month ago before I started my crossfit classes.
5. Had some really good farm-to-fork Mexican food; carne asada, ceviche, house made tortillas, sangria… good stuff.
See what others have been happy about:
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.