This week started pretty uneventful. I was “stuck” at home cooking a ton because hubby had to use our only working car a lot but then the weekend approached and life threw some surprises at us that where made into small pleasures.
1. Hubby started a 6-week gut restoration health program sent by his functional neurology doctor. Weeks 2 and 3 consist of a super duper strict diet including no dairy, no grains, no sugars of any kind including natural ones, no eggs, no nuts and seeds, no beans and legumes, no peppers of any kind, no soy in any of its forms, no of some specific fruits and veggies and no alcohol. What’s left you ask? Most organic vegetables, some organic fruits, coconut in any form, most spices and herbs, and meat that is grass fed, hormone free, and antibiotic free, and some fish.
The pleasure here is that it has been actually fun to take this challenge, come up with a meal plan, and cook out of my comfort zone making things like Thai green curry beef patties, cauliflower “rice”, salmon deli salad, and (Anglo-Indian) mulligatawny stew. Plus I’ve gotten great praise from the taster. We are 5 days in, the challenge continues.
2. Hubby brought me flowers this week. He stopped at the store on the way home from work just to buy flowers. Tulips and a potted orchid. <3
3. On Friday night, we were invited to a spontaneous and private Buddhist meditation/chanting ceremony and it was wonderful. We are not Buddhists but the energy was really nice and it is always refreshing to have a long moment of silence and enjoy some peaceful and spiritual few moments.
4. On Saturday, we were invited to a cooking class and eating of homemade Chinese/Thai food by a Malaysian woman. She cooked for like 3 hours and we enjoyed lots of yummy foods. We had a diet restriction cheat day; you can’t decline food that is made with love.
5. Hubby and I played with Google Hangouts and I got to visit Venice this way. Then he took an embarrassing picture of me when I was playing with the effects and shared it on facebook.
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
My Weekly Small Pleasures #2 | Ethical Living
Weekly Small Pleasures #4 | Tilly’s Townhouse
New daily activity | Body Transformations
A week of happiness #15 | travelling true north
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.