This week started by me flying to my hometown, Mexico City. It was a very good week. Today we are having a family gathering where I’ll get to see the whole crazy family (uncles, aunts, cousins, etc). I haven’t been able to attend one of these in a while since I’ve been living abroad for a while; it shall be interesting and fun. Now onto a few of my small pleasures of the week:
1. Started the week having breakfast in Portland with hubby before my flight to Mexico. I love hanging out with him in the city.
2. Having a safe and uneventful trip/flights to Mexico City.
3. Finally going to the “Jamaica” market in Mexico City that my mom has been raving about for some time. It was amazing and I’m very excited to share photos when I get back.
4. Homemade mole enchiladas.
5. Feeding the wild squirrels with my mom.
6. Having lunch with my friends (who have been my friends for at least 10 years now) and I don’t get to see very often since we live in different countries.
See what others are happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures #2 | Tilly’s Townhouse
Weekly Small Pleasures | imanikingblog
It’s Showtime | Body Transformations
A week of happiness #10 | travelling true north
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
13 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #28”
I love this series of posts – almost as much as I love mole enchiladas. 🙂
Haha thanks! Happy holidays to you too.
So fun for you that you are back in Mexico for the holidays. Enjoy! (Nice and warm too, I bet!)
Sounds like a perfect week (esp. with MOLE enchiladas!…qué ricaas)
I am doing a Weekly Small Pleasures post for the first time; thanks for the heart-warming idea.
It’s always warm & fun to be around family. My first Small Pleasures post went up today! Thanks for hosting!
What a great idea… will try doing mine soon :). seems like you had perfect time with family!
Will be looking forward to it! And yes, it was a very nice trip.
Those markets look very nice. So colourful. I’m not exactly sure what a mole enchiladas is. I’ve heard of enchiladas but not mole enchildas. The picture looks great, when i go to mexico i’ll make sure that i try them. Merry Christmas Kylie
Mole is a sauce made with many ingredients which may vary from regions. The most famous one is the mole poblano from Puebla. It is a very traditional Mexican food staple. Merry Christmas Kylie!
LikeLiked by 1 person