Lists are fun. I don’t know why humans like lists so much, I know I do. I came across these 5 to 1 countdown personal lists over at Liz’s blog Be Love Live and I thought I’d give them a go.
Feel free to share your own in the comments below or even in your own blog! Here we go…
5 things I think about a lot
- Italy. I fantasize about traveling to Italy with my hubby too often. My fantasizing even includes travel planning without any bookings. I’ve had an infatuation with Italian culture since I can remember, and hubby fell in love with it when he was stationed there while in the Navy. I’d love for us to go there together one day.
- Food. I think about food so much. I’m constantly saving recipes and thinking about what I’m going to eat next, what I’m going to make for dinner, and what groceries I need to buy and where. I always have cravings too. My latest craving is French food.
- Travel in general. I often look up airbnbs even just an hour away for short getaways and read about traveling to faraway places like Tokyo, Australia and Patagonia. I’ve definitely been bit by the travel bug.
- The world’s current situation and future. I feel like humanity is reaching a dead end where things are really going to have to change based on how people have decided to act. The world will either break and suffer, or it will change to become less selfish, more kind, and more honest; then prosperity will last. It can’t go on like this for much longer. The greed, hate and selfishness are out of control and something will change for better or for worse. Eventually for better, but it’s our choice if we choose to take the long and bumpy road by being selfish or the shorter one by loving each other and turning to God.
- I honestly can’t think of a fifth thing I think about a lot.
4 things that smell wonderful
- Citrus. I love bright scents with citrus like lemon, lime and orange.
- Night-Blooming Jasmine. These small flowers give out a strong scent especially at night in warm climates like India. Every time I’m there these flowers’s scent find my sense of smell in the most wonderful way.
- Fresh laundry. This smell makes me feel at home because that’s were it started. I have never been able to replicate the smell that my clothes have when I go back home.
- Baked goods. I just love the smell of freshly baked bread, cookies, cakes, brownies.. you name it. :p
3 things I want to improve in my life/get better at
- Complaining less. I don’t know why I’m a complainer. I complain about little things like shoes in the bedroom, and I often complain about body aches I have. I wish I didn’t. It doesn’t help, it only makes me annoying. I’ve been trying to do it less.
- Being cheerful no matter what. I want to be a person that will see the good and positive of any situation. I want to be able to remain cheerful during hardships (not that I have many, but still). It also goes to trying to brush off little things that bother me instead of letting them affect me. I’ve been trying to be less affected. The British really hit it on the nail when they came up with “keep calm, carry on.” I also want to live up to “don’t worry, be happy.”
- Being selfless. I don’t consider myself a selfish person, but when you really think about it we are selfish. They’re just some that are more than others. I’ve been working on being less and less selfish in my life to one day become completely selfless.
2 things I miss in my closet
- Nice rain boots like these, after all I live in the Pacific Northwest and I don’t own a pair of rain boots. And they’re on their way!
- Knee high socks like these.
1 thing I want to do before 2015 is over
- Start painting or drawing again. It has been several years.
Give these a go in your own blog! If not, tell me 1 thing you want to do before 2015 is over.