I guess it was a yummy week! Full of good outdoor and homemade food and drink. The summer heat is getting to me though, not used to it. This is my first ever summer in Utah. I hope I can adapt to it but I feel like once I have, it just keeps getting hotter. I also attended an amazing event which I shall blog about in the near future. Read more about me weekly small pleasures:
1. Attending my first Air Show ever! You know, where they have jets and propellers and planes and parachutes flying and dancing in the sky… It was such fun. Love that stuff.
2. A very pleasant lunch at my favourite local bakery. The weather was perfect, the food and drink was yummy, the noise level was great (quiet with music I like). Just lovely. It’s rare to have a dining experience that is just right.
3. Surviving a week of working out in the summer heat. My Crossfit class happens to be during the hottest time of the day. And you may or may not know, Crossfit gyms are usually like in warehouses exposed to the outside, not like gyms in buildings with controlled climate.
4. Baking cookies! It’s been 5 weeks since I last made some. I made double chocolate chip cookies this time and they came out delicious, like usual (not to brag.. okay bragging a little.)
5. Had the best brunch I had in a while. I guess I got lucky again for having a great dining experience. Tried a new place yesterday and the place was lovely, so was the menu and the food. I definitely want to go back.
I hope you had and will have a great week!
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures – Focus On The Happy Things
Small Pleasures: June Edition – Whimsey Pie
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
P.S. You can also find me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, and PINTEREST.
13 thoughts on “Weekly Small Pleasures #90”
Your cookies look yummy – definitely a small pleasure worth indulging in! Thanks so much for linking to my blog post.
Thanks Stephany! They were definitely yummy. Thanks for stopping by over here. Have a great week!
I love this idea of weekly pleasures. It’s a cute insight into your daily life and also takes seemingly mundane things and repackages them to feel special.
I liked your description. Very well put. It helps have balance for someone like me, who’s a big cynic and sees the current state of the world quite negatively, to focus on the nice small things of daily life. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I didn’t see a link for the cookie recipe. Would love the recipe (wink wink).
Jill! This is the recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/02/27/one-bowl-double-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
They’re amazing! And they’re even gf and vegan if you care for that stuff.
LikeLiked by 1 person
They look really delicious! Gracias 🙂
Good local bakeries are always a delight. I found one in Edinburgh, Scotland last week. https://basia329.wordpress.com/2016/07/04/this-weeks-small-pleasures-episode-14/
Yes they are! I love them. Especially if they’re French-style.