First of all, I gotta apologize for the regular participants of this blog event because I skipped two weeks in a row (I have no excuse). The last three weeks have been relatively uneventful, pretty routine. Same old stuff with a few good moments here and there, I will include moments from all three weeks.
1. Finishing the Murph workout. This was quite an accomplishment. “Murph” is a crossfit workout that is done annually on memorial day in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy. And the workout looks like this: For time – 1 mile Run, 100 Pull-ups, 200 Push-ups, 300 Squats, 1 mile Run. The middle part can be broken into sets. I finished in 47:30 min. It was hard, but it was good.
2. Baklava findings. These magical things are so damn delicious. And they’re always a treat because they are rare to find for some reason. I came across some baklava at a coffee shop. I could eat a whole box of them in one sitting but I always have to restrain myself as I know their buttery deliciousness is far from healthy or low calorie.
3. Saturday fun in the city: Brunch, Farmer’s Market, kindness from strangers, and French bakery.
4. Exploring a new hiking trail. It was a beautiful hike! Blogpost coming soon about it.
5. Watching a good movie at a cool cinema. Watched the movie “Genius”, a biographical drama about a renowned book editor, at the Film Society in SLC. It was quite good.
6. London Fog. I just love that drink, and every time I can get my hands on one I’m happy. If you don’t know what a London Fog is, it’s basically an earl grey tea latte with vanilla and lavender. Sounds heavenly, right?
See what others are talking about:
This week’s small pleasures: episode 12 | Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: episode 13 | Thistles and Kiwis
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #20 | Middle Europe
Have a great week!
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.