This week not so great news on the physical therapy progress (for my hip labral tear), but there were some small pleasures to enjoy.
1. English Breakfast tea and Scottish shortbread. Though there might be some rivalry between the two, to me they’re like two peas in a pod.
2. Going to the movies. Hacksaw Ridge, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Allied. The latter wasn’t my favourite, and I was freezing the whole time but I always enjoy going to the movies.
3. Lovely weather. Been enjoying the cooler weather here, 60s, 70s, just lovely. And the tree in front of our balcony finally decided it’s autumn and started to turn its leaves.
4. Nice Thanksgiving dinner. We are new in Austin and we were invited to one of Josh’s coworker’s home for Thanksgiving and besides my awkward social skills and some not so fun topics of conversation, it was quite enjoyable. Wine always helps.
5. Kitty snuggles. Vincent our cat has been loving snuggling up with me in bed, by my feet at night and by my stomach in the morning. It’s sweet. (He also loves to stalk me)
6. Blog upgrade. You may have noticed a change in the blog! I’ve finally taken the plunge to make the move to a self-hosted site and made some design and back-end tweaks in the process. What do you think?
And here are two songs, cause music is always a pleasure:
See what others were happy about:
This week’s small pleasures: week 34 – Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: week 33 – Thistles and Kiwis
This week’s small pleasures: week 32 – Thistles and Kiwis
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #29 – chocolate, kriek and autumn forest | Middle Europe
Have a great week!
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.