1. I went grocery shopping and my total was $111 but then, the cashier typed something on her keyboard and randomly gave me $10 off. I don’t know why and she didn’t even tell me. She simply did it and it was awesome.
2. I got to have a wonderful breakfast with my hubby in Downtown Portland on Friday because I was going to be taking the train to the airport a couple of blocks from where he works.
3. Because of a plane delay, a flight attendant gave me a free upgrade to economy plus, you know the very first row after business/first class where you have a ton of leg room. Not sure why me, but it was great. It was supposed to let me out of the plane faster to catch my connection, which I didn’t, but there were a ton of people before me in line with tight connections.
4. Because I took a connection 2 hours later from the one I was originally supposed to take, my bag when I arrived to Mexico City was waiting for me, instead of having to wait for it in the conveyor belt for a long time. Baggage claim in Mexico City is slow.
5. Coconut ice cream by the beach. ‘Nuff said.
So all in all, missing my fight connection, which always sucks, had its pretty good advantages. The only downside was arriving to my destination pretty late.
I’m currently in Acapulco, enjoying beach life for a few days.
I hope you had a great week and feel free to share your small pleasures! (either in your own post or in the comments below.)
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.