If you’ve been following all or many of my weekly small pleasures, maybe you’ve caught on to the fact that I love food, but more specifically good food and dessert. This week I had some of that. The small things that made me happy this week were:
1. Having lunch at one of my favorite places in Portland, Ken’s Artisan Bakery. Ate the most delicious croque monsieur with a ultra fresh side salad, a delicious chocolate macaron and a mini mint and chocolate macaron. Went home with a raspberry galette that we had for dessert after dinner in our beds watching tv. All around my kind of food heaven.
2. This video of a unique and actually funny (!) ballet performance at the Vienna State Opera.
3. Started watching the new season of The Amazing Race.
4. Making a treat on Friday night, homemade from-scratch mac and cheese.
5. Unplanned, amazing Mexican brunch. We tried a new place and it was so good.What made you happy this week?
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
8 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #18”
LOVED that ballet video! 🙂
I love this idea!
It’s really fun to do… It’d be fun if you give it a go! 🙂
Mmmm homemade mac and cheese 🙂 I’m going to start this on my blog!
Sounds great! Looking forward to it! 🙂
Hello Mani, my name is Melissa, and I find your blog fantastic. I just started a blog which is about the small pleasure of life. One of my passions is photography and I post photos which I call special moments. I also write about my perspective of life. Actually, I was looking for some inspiration when I came across yours and it is very interesting. I really like this concept of weekly pleasures as very often we tend to forget how to appreciate simple things which make us happy. Sometimes we are so wrap up in our routines that we forget how to simply like what we have and just be grateful. I think, if we can stop for one moment and observe our surrounding, I’m sure we would find little things which make us happy that we often take for granted. Looking forward for more!
What made me happy this week:
_ coming back from university and seeing my dog waiting for me, which she usually don’t.
– starting to Watching the new season of Bones , so excited
_ having a nice chat with a friend after a long time
_ eating a chocolate cake 🙂 miam miam
_ waking up this morning and having a nice breakfast and watching TV.
Here is a link to my blog you can have a look if you feel like 🙂 :
Hi Melissa! You are totally right! Thanks so much for sharing your small pleasures 🙂 It’s great that you have a blog dedicated to it.