Today is our 4th anniversary. So much has happened in the last 4 years it is wild.
We have moved 5 times and lived in North Carolina, India and Oregon. We have gotten married twice. We have adopted two cats and raised two more. I have tried countless recipes and never cooked a single meal that hubby didn’t like. We have watched countless movies. We have taken a few road trips and a few spontaneous getaways. We’ve put up a couple Christmas trees…
We’ve slept in the car, the floor, inflatable mattresses, pillow-top mattresses, memory foam mattresses, hotels, motels, planes, and bunk beds. We’ve bought cowboy hats, hiking boots, Peruvian wool sweaters, and Ukranian wool slippers. We’ve volunteered at homeless shelters, film festivals and building homes. We’ve played in the snow, tulip farms and Indian rural harvest fields. And so much more! I can’t believe it’s been just 4 years and I can’t imagine what the next 4 and 50 will be like. I’m excited to live the rest of my life with my best friend.
On top of that, and before we leave to go celebrate, here are a few small pleasures from this week:
1. My monthly Love With Food snack box arrived in the mail this week. I love [healthy] snacks and mail. This is a great combination.
2. I had very successful first attempt at homemade mocha cappuccino sans fancy coffee machines or tools.
3. Although bittersweet (because I hate leaving my husband), I got a flight ticket to fly for a week to my hometown, Mexico City, to visit family and friends in December.
4. This video! It made me smile and laugh all the way through.
5. My vitacost package also arrived this week with goodies like real honey, hubby’s favorite gin gins candy, organic peanut butter, coconut flour, chia seeds, and more. Vitacost has the best prices I’ve seen anywhere for awesome foods products. p.s. get $10 off your purchase of $30+
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.