I had a good week. These were my small pleasures:
1. Our housemates had guests and one of them had graduated from Le Cordon Bleu College and they invited us to a homemade dinner featuring risotto as the main dish. Risotto is one of my all-time favorite dishes. It was a very enjoyable dinner with good food, company and conversation.
2. On a random week day we decided to take the day off and have a play day and we drove about an hour to Edgefield, a McMenamins place were they have a hotel, brewpub, theater, spa and winery all in one place. We took part in having lunch at the brewpub, watching a super enjoyable movie (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) and tasting some wine at the winery.
3. If that wasn’t enough, before going straight home, we decided to stop in downtown Portland for dessert and we not only stopped at the ice cream shop but also walked to the donut shop. We went wild. I haven’t been that stuffed in a while.
4. The next day, it came rather perfect that my Crossfit class WOD (Workout Of the Day) consisted of doing pushups and running 1.5 miles. Keep in mind, I am not a runner and I dislike running and it was such an achievement for me that I didn’t stop to walk during the run! Not only that, but it rained during the whole run. It literally started to rain when we started running and stopped when I stopped (I was the last one to finish), and it was amazing! I never thought I’d say that, but I weirdly really enjoyed running in the rain, I wasn’t cold or hot. It almost felt liberating.
5. My husband said he’ll now finally (after many years of begging) pick me as his partner for The Amazing Race because I do crossfit. This is definitely a small pleasure for me, even though it’s hypothetical. Now I just need to become a US citizen to apply haha.
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures: Smoothies, etc. | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Weekly delights #11 | Follow me to…
Small Weekly Pleasures #12 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
17 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #43”
Great to hear you enjoyed The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! My partner had a terrific time being part of both projects. And risotto? Yum…. part of the all time favourite comfort food list!!
I definitely did… and I know right?
Got together with ten writers from my Wordsmiths writers group. It’s always fun to learn what others are writing about.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I didn’t know there was a sequel to the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel- sounds worth checking out! The highlight of my week was walking around in my neighbourhood to find the cherry and magnolia blossoms 🙂
I just love those blossoms! I definitely recommend that movie :), very lighthearted and enjoyable.
Great job on the running!
what a lovely week, comfort food and great achievement!! 😉
Hi Mani I was wondering how did you insert an instagram pic in your post? I just made one today and it would be great if I knew how to do that!! Thanks so much! your week seems to have been quite indulgent and delicious!
I simply went to the instagram pic in my browser and copy and pasted the url into the post. I hope this helps 🙂
I loved this post and what a nice way to wrap up a week by reflecting on it. I would say my highlights were Indian food, watching my daughter compose her post for my blog, and soon to go for a run in a very loooooonnnng time. I also loved both Exotic Marigold Hotel movies but I am such a sucker for anything Indian. Those movies just make me happy. 🙂 Cheryl
I haven’t had Indian food in a long while… I’m definitely overdue! I’m a sucker for those kinds of movies too 🙂 Thanks for sharing your little pleasures!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hmmmm I also love Risotto!!
As you, I used to dislike running, until I learned how to run without stopping every 10 minutes… now I run 6km almost every day… and It was a great achievement for me too 🙂
Wow that’s great!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes it is, it was great because now I can take my dog to run too, so he doesnt get so fat 😀