I had a good week. These were my small pleasures:
1. Our housemates had guests and one of them had graduated from Le Cordon Bleu College and they invited us to a homemade dinner featuring risotto as the main dish. Risotto is one of my all-time favorite dishes. It was a very enjoyable dinner with good food, company and conversation.
2. On a random week day we decided to take the day off and have a play day and we drove about an hour to Edgefield, a McMenamins place were they have a hotel, brewpub, theater, spa and winery all in one place. We took part in having lunch at the brewpub, watching a super enjoyable movie (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) and tasting some wine at the winery.
3. If that wasn’t enough, before going straight home, we decided to stop in downtown Portland for dessert and we not only stopped at the ice cream shop but also walked to the donut shop. We went wild. I haven’t been that stuffed in a while.
4. The next day, it came rather perfect that my Crossfit class WOD (Workout Of the Day) consisted of doing pushups and running 1.5 miles. Keep in mind, I am not a runner and I dislike running and it was such an achievement for me that I didn’t stop to walk during the run! Not only that, but it rained during the whole run. It literally started to rain when we started running and stopped when I stopped (I was the last one to finish), and it was amazing! I never thought I’d say that, but I weirdly really enjoyed running in the rain, I wasn’t cold or hot. It almost felt liberating.
5. My husband said he’ll now finally (after many years of begging) pick me as his partner for The Amazing Race because I do crossfit. This is definitely a small pleasure for me, even though it’s hypothetical. Now I just need to become a US citizen to apply haha.
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.