Last Thursday I flew to Mexico City, and I will be here till next Thursday. Most of my week’s small pleasures involve the trip.
1. The owners started landscaping in the home that we rent [in the US] and it’s really exciting.
2. I flew to my hometown to visit family and friends and even though both my flights were delayed I made it to both and both were safe flights. Which is always nice.
3. Bought two needed pairs of pants/jeans.
4. Ate some Mexican things that I would not be able to find in the US: street quesadillas right outside the airport on my arrival and a chamoyada which is a mango and chamoy smoothie. Chamoy is a very hard thing to describe if you don’t know what it is, with a flavor that is salty, sweet, sour and spiced at the same time.
5. Had dinner and drinks with my old friends. I have not been able to make any close friends ever since I moved out of Mexico for the first time in 2008 (A downside of moving a lot). I met all (5) of them in 4th grade.
6. I had lunch with my parents twice this week. They got divorced when I was very little but they always remained friends which is awesome.
7. Got to see my younger brother. My older brother is still out of town and I’ll see him next week.
See what others were happy about:
Small Pleasures Week #9 | lizzyreadsbooks
Weekly Small Pleasures: visitors and road trip | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Weekly Small Pleasures #9 | Ethical Living
Small Weekly Pleasures #13 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.