Last week I was in Mexico, and this week I ended up in Canada. It’s been a crazy few weeks traveling to Mexico City for a week, then coming back to the US and traveling to Astoria, Oregon and then spending a night in Long Beach, Washington last weekend.
This week was my birthday, on the 21st. The day before, hubby was asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I was thinking maybe we could hang out in Portland. Instead we spontaneously ended up booking an airbnb in Victoria, BC for two days! It turns out Victoria is about a 3 hr and 40 min car drive plus 1.5 hours of riding the ferry from us. Not too bad.
As soon as we got back I got sick. I think I’m ready for a small break from traveling. Did I just say that? It’s probably the sickness bug speaking.
My small pleasures this week were:
1. Staying at an amazing airbnb next to a castle! With an amazing all organic breakfast.
2. Visiting the Abkhazi Garden with a love story behind it.
3. Having the best fish and chips of my life by the waterfront.
4. High tea at the Empress Hotel.
5. Receiving on the mail an awesome birthday gift from my brother which combines my two favorite things: chocolate and travel. Chocolate passport!
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.