This week was a bit different. Our landlords/housemates who bought this giant house, formerly a 1900’s schoolhouse, was not a residential property and they have worked the past year on making it one. This week, the final inspection to get the residential permit was happening and we had to make our apartment look like no one was living here. We move all the furniture, took everything down and hid the cats. We decided to hang out at a bakery in the meantime. When we came back we got the good news. The house is officially a legal residence. The inspector didn’t even come check our basement apartment because he said had an ingrown nail that really hurt and he didn’t want to walk too much haha!
We took this opportunity to deep clean the house, sweep and mop the whole floor, vacuum carpets, clean counters… It was good.
Here were a few of my other small pleasures this week:
1. I got a little color. Being a Mexican, I was unacceptably white, At crossfit class even one guy asked me: “you are from Mexican heritage right? how come you are so pale?” and I was like “right??” So I hung out in the sun for a few hours and got a little tanner, it suits me way better.
2. I Ran 2 miles easy. I have never been a runner. In fact, I had loathing for running/jogging. I didn’t get people who did it. This week for a crossfit workout, I ran 2 miles and it was a lot easier than I thought. It felt good to see how much I have progressed. Just last year I couldn’t even run 1 mile without stopping to walk.
3. Eating lettuce from the garden. We’ve been eating salad with the beautiful lettuce from our garden all week. It’s my first time in my life having veggies in the yard for me to pick. It’s such a pleasure! Can’t wait for the other veggies.
4. Donald Trump made me laugh a lot this week. I think he is hilariously ridiculous and unbelievable in all that he says, like “I’m running for president” and insulting the [my] Mexican race by saying “they’re rapists.. and some, I assume, are good people.” Yeah, probably at least some of them aren’t rapists right? Thank you DT for bringing me smiles.
5. Croque monsieur :p. I mentioned we hung out at the bakery during the inspection. I had this delicious Parisian food that I rarely get to have.
6. Trader Joe’s and a new chocolate stash. I got to go on a Trader Joe’s run and stocked up on a few things, especially dark chocolate. I went a little overboard and I’m not sorry.
Happy Father’s Day to all dads!!
See what others were happy about:
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #3
Weekly Delights #24-25 | Follow me to…
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
Did you know A New Life Wandering is on Facebook?
6 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #54”
Love the chocolates spread like books 🙂 And the lettuce is adorable too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
We ate lettuce from our garden too this week. And I wasn’t smiling at El Trompudo. All I have to say is I really hope there aren’t any Americans that take him seriously. Who says that kind of stuff – out loud!?
To me it’s hilarious how insane and delusional he is. It leaked that he paid actors 50 bucks to cheer for him with signs and stuff at his announcement.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow. Classy. Lol. Just goes to show that it doesn’t matter if one is a multi-millionaire, he can still have no common sense (or common decency) – que pena.