I had a great week filled with things I love like snow (!), chocolates, friends, chillin’, gifts, fitness, and art. I hope you had a wonderful transition into the new year as well!
View this post on Instagram
Our movie was sold out so instead we got local chocolates! Including: sea salt cajeta, mayan, pear brandy, hazelnut praline and marionberry vodka. 🍫 it's also just about freezing temperatures and the drinking dark chocolate I ordered to go hit the spot like you have no idea. #chocolate #pdx #portlandnw #Portland #oregon #moonstruckchocolate #madeinoregon @moonstruckchoc @madeinoregonofficial
1. We headed to the city one day to the movie theater but our movie was sold out, so instead we enjoyed walking around in our coats, scarfs, sweaters and boots and bought some delicious local chocolates. I also ordered a drinking chocolate to go which I had been craving for a while. It’s sooo good, and how hot chocolate always should be, basically liquid chocolate. :p
View this post on Instagram
Just finished my new year's eve workout which included running in 35F degree weather (something I would have never considered a year and a half ago) and a million thrusters. But it's a rare sunny and beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. And I'm trying out a new protein bar, looking forward to trying the chocolate sea salt flavour next. @rxbar Happy new year everyone! #Crossfit #WOD #fitness #newyearseve #pnw #pacificnorthwest #Oregon #cleaneating #healthy #healthylifestyle @crossfit @crossfitsthelens
2. Feeling sore from a good workout. This week I pushed myself and definitely felt the results in the form of soreness!
3. My Christmas gift I bought myself finally arrived! I’m jumping on the adult coloring book train and I’m really excited. I’ve always been into coloring and art, and I just know I’m gonna love getting back into it again.
4. I did not start 2016 with a hangover! I have done the party till the morning new year’s eve many times, but this year I stayed home with hubby and kitty, made brownies, watched Netflix, and drank some Baileys. Honestly, it was perfect. We did not spend money, we did not do embarrassing things, we remember everything, we enjoyed each other’s company and no hungover.
5. We got invited to a lovely dinner at our friend’s house on Saturday. I always enjoy moments like these.
6. Woke up to snow today! Last year we didn’t get any snow here, and this year there have been a couple of snow days. I just love the snow and it makes me really happy when it snows.
What made you happy this week?
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!