This week I was stuck at home because hubby had to travel an hour away everyday all day for a week-long therapy and we only have one car. So my week was pretty uneventful but I still managed to find some small pleasures:
1. I wasn’t able to go to my crossfit classes and I felt like I had to do something. I came across a 30min morning pilates routine video which turned out to be perfect for the start of the day. It gives you a good stretch and gets your circulation going, there is also a bit of core strengthening. I actually stuck to doing it every morning for 6 days in a row so far. I enjoyed the fact that you don’t need any equipment and it is not high intensity, perfect for getting right into it after getting out of bed and starting the day energized.
2. This video made me smile all the way, that was a good 13 minutes of happiness!
4. I got excited when I learn about the production and kickstarter of this movie. I truly believe that many of today’s health, mental and neurological problems are caused by the diet in the recent decades, especially true in the US, and I’d love this guy to get that info out with this documentary.
3. I found an amazing online market where you can get the best non-gmo, organic and specific diet (paleo, vegan, gluten free etc) products at the best prices! Truly all products are 25-50% discounted from retail prices. It’s like Whole Foods + Costco online. You can even get an extra 15% off on your first order.
5. Success at this week’s new kitchen experiments including: homemade paleo coconut cereal, paleo banana muffins, black bean and quinoa burgers, homemade guacamole and homemade hummus. Okay the last two I’ve made before. The first two I’m planning on sharing the recipes.
See what others were happy about:
Small Pleasures: Week #1 | lizzyreadsbooks
Small Pleasures: all that skating | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Weekly Small Pleasures (5) | MAY 13TH
Weekly small pleasures #2 | The Healthy Secret Identity
My Weekly Small Pleasures #5 | Ethical Living
A week of happiness #18 | travelling true north
Weekly Small Pleasures, 8th February | TinyExpats
Small Weekly Pleasures #4 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.