There were a lot of little things happening this week. These were my small pleasures:
1. Getting back into working out felt good after not being able to exercise much due to tons of traveling this month.
2. Outstanding Peruvian food at a great restaurant in Portland called Andina.
3. Seeing Mount St. Helens up close. Although it was disappointing that the mountain and the observatory were closed when we drove there this week, it was still nice to see it closer than usual.
4. Shopped at REI for some needed workout shorts and wool socks for hiking.
5. Late night snack of goat cheese and crackers. I saw goat cheese on sale last weekend and jumped on it. I love goat cheese but never really buy it. I greatly enjoying snacking on it along with some fresh watermelon.
6. This week, Netflix unveiled a documentary series called Chef’s Table and we have seen the first two episodes so far. It is so good! Food documentaries are my favorite, and this one is so well made. So excited to see the rest.
7. Yesterday we were just hanging out in Portland when we saw this little place hosting a Kentucky Derby party. We crashed it and took some fun video and photos of the amazingly dressed people. It was fun. We only crashed it for a few minutes.
8. I bought some nice tulips this week. Always a pleasure to buy flowers.
9. Our comforter doesn’t fit in our washer so we have to wash it at a laundromat. Somehow we never find time for that. This weekend we did and it made me really happy. I love a clean bed!
See what others were happy about:
Tiny Pleasures #2 | My Tiny Obsessions
Small Pleasures Week #11 | Lizzy Reads Books
Weekly Small Pleasures: Coffee and healing | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Small Weekly Pleasures #15 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
12 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #47”
I wrote a similar blog post last week, with my things being smoothies, panini bread, and Rachel Sweet, among other things. This week, it’s been Submissions Only (so far that’s it).
Nice! Smoothies are great. If there is a next time feel free to linkback to my most recent one (I post every Sunday) and I can share your link under “see what others were happy about:”
It looks like you had a great week. I may have to try this out some day. Enjoy your’s. I will have to check out that documentary. Noticed it. Great to know that it is good 🙂 I do love my food documentaries.
Oh then you’ll love Chef’s Table! Would be looking forward to your participation. Have a great upcoming week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It seems like you had a great week. Mount St. Helens and you, both look beautiful in the picture. Looks like you are enjoying the sun these days. 🙂
Thanks so much! I am definitely enjoying the sun because it hasn’t gotten too hot yet, which I definitely don’t enjoy.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Mani, thanks for sharing your great week! I am keeping a list of the places you recommend in Portland! Here is my post about my week! http://terriwebsterschrandt.com/2015/05/03/weekend-coffee-share-the-end-of-days/
LikeLiked by 1 person
That “washateria” (what us Texans call a laundromat was hilariously huge! And I just washed our comforter too! It IS a lovely feeling isn’t it! Have a good week!
Washateria! how funny! I’ve never heard of that term. That laundromat in the photo is pretty fancy. They have a really nice coffee shop and pinball machines. They even provide complimentary detergent and it only cost us about $8 to wash and dry our comforter. It’s pretty awesome!
Haha, I just had some sliced tomatoes and good quality mozzarella today! I know just how you feel 😀 It’s nice to ‘treat yo’self!’
So good! There is something magical about that combination, and basil too.