I really wasn’t too happy about the 100 degree weather that hit us for several days this week but I still managed to slip in 4 workout days. These were my happy moments this week:
1. Lots of laughs watching clips on The Graham Norton Show on youtube. They’re addicting and so fun.
2. Our tomatoes finally started to turn red.
3. I think I made a garden record, by making a meal that included 9 different ingredients from our garden! I made baked turmeric falafel on a bed of cucumber and tomato salad, topped with beet hummus and tahini sauce and a side of garlic butter green beans. From our garden was included: tomato, cucumber, lettuce, onion, green beans, beets, kale, cilantro and parsley.
4. Doing deadlifts this week. Deadlifts make you feel strong and use of a lot of muscles in your body, It’s a great movement.
5. The protein powder I’ve been wanting to buy for a long time finally arrived! It is worth the price (especially when you can use part of a gift card).
See what others were happy about:
Small Weekly Pleasures #20 | Just Keep Swimming
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #8 | Middle Europe
What made you happy this week?
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
7 thoughts on “This Week’s Small Pleasures #59”
That is so awesome that you can grow all that fresh food in your garden!! We would love to do that but living in an apartment, it is rather limiting what we can grow.
I don’t know much about it, but I believe there is a lot of info out there about urban gardening, and small space gardening. 🙂 It is very exciting picking your own food and cooking it.
small pleasures are life’s best!!
I just love posts that share little moments of happiness/joy found in everyday life. 🙂
Yes, it’s definitely uplifting. 🙂