Had a nice week overall. Check out my small pleasures:
1. Got in touch with Mother Earth and planted over 120 tulip bulbs in our (shared) front yard! It was nice to get my hands dirty with dirt. I also love tulips and I am excited to see them pop up in the spring.
2. The mattress we bought last week arrived this week. It’s also taller than I imagined it. Our bedroom looks different with a thicker mattress.
3. I managed 4 days of intense workout this week. I usually do 3 and I wasn’t sore at all for the second half of the week which is rare! It was nice. I also found a secret message under my workout top that said “run fast live fearless”, pretty cool.
4. Went to see The Revenant to an independent theater. Absolutely the best movie since the last Oscars. All I’m gonna say, it was intense (had to look away a couple times tbh) but incredible. Iñárritu (the director) along with Lubezki (the cinematographer) are a league of their own when it comes to filmmaking. It’s gotta win the Oscar for best movie, as well as for many other things including DiCaprio’s acting. Here’s a link to 10 facts of the movie to appreciate it even more before you go see it.
5. Our friends invited us for dinner on Friday for the third week in a row! I think they might like us. Like always, it was a very pleasant and tasty gathering.
6. Chatting with friends. My best friends (since 4th grade) live in Mexico and we don’t talk often, but this week I was contacted (via chat/messenger) by not one, but two of them. I enjoyed that.
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!