Nice and chill week. I managed to accidentally peel my own finger (not too bad), but overall it was a pretty relaxing with a few bits of excitement, accomplishment and fun. These were my small pleasures:
1. $5 Tuesdays at one of our favourite movie theaters. We watched The Big Short which was pretty eye-opening and I recommend it, and then we went to have sushi. Fun afternoon.
2. I joined an organic produce delivery service called Organics to You, and I got my first box this week. I was pretty over the moon about it. It was fun opening it to see what was inside and cooking with all those yummy veggies all week. I’m already looking forward to my next box on Thursday!
In my box were: 2 lbs potatoes, 2 large onions, 2 avocados, 3 apples, 3 pears, 3 blood oranges, 1 bunch #kale , 2 large zucchini, 1 bunch broccoli, 1 cabbage, 3 large beets, 2 turnips, all organic for $36! Super deal if you ask me.
3. I achieved a new PR (personal record) this week doing deadlifts at my crossfit classes. It’s always fun and exciting to reach a new PR. It was only 15 pounds more than my last deadlift PR four months ago, but it is still an awesome feeling.
4. I’ve been binging on Doctor Who since I found out that Netflix is getting rid of all the seasons on February 1st! I don’t think I’ll be able to finish by then, but it has been a pleasure to watch. My nights lately consist of a couple episodes of Doctor Who and a couple chapters of Harry Potter which I started reading again 2 weeks ago. They both make me happy. I just realized I’m actually on season 3 of Doctor Who and book 3 of Harry Potter.
5. I splurged a bit on myself and bought a sports bra and workout pants online, I couldn’t resist the temptation because I bought things that were on sale plus I had a 40% discount code, so in the end I paid $47 for two things worth $115. I only have one sports bra and considering I’m working out more often now, I feel like I needed another one!
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures (#1) | Holoholo Girls
Weekly (or monthly) Small Pleasures. A January Wrap Up.
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!