I guess looking back it was a pretty good week. Besides having insomnia one night, which wasn’t terribly bad, and not sleeping well a couple of nights, I had some really nice moments, mostly involving food and the BEST FB chats. So here are some of my week’s pleasures:
1. Homemade chocolate chunk cookies! Need I say more? Plus they were freaking good. One of my best batches ever.
2. Growing fresh herbs. It’s so nice having fresh plants in the house, and it’s equally as nice to have edible plants.
3. A great workout week. I didn’t hurt myself for starters (muscle soreness doesn’t count, and burning my hand in the kitchen doesn’t either), and I achieved awesome things for my standards.
4. Trying out a meal delivery service. I got an awesome deal to try Green Chef and this week I got my first box. I love getting packages in the mail. Although it was fun and the meals were yummy, after three days of cooking all the recipes in the box, I decided that I didn’t necessarily want to do it again. Even though I still had to cook everything, it lacked that homemade and loving hand, you could somehow taste the lack of it!
5. Indulgent Saturday in the city. Watched a movie at an independent movie theater, had yummy lunch, and had dessert at a boulangerie. Some of my favorite things.
See what others were happy about:
This Week’s Small Pleasures: episode 11 | THISTLES AND KIWIS
Weekly Small Pleasures (#11) | Holoholo Girls
#1 – Small Pleasures | Out of the Gates
Have a great week!
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
P.S. You can also find me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, and PINTEREST.
6 thoughts on “Weekly Small Pleasures #88”
Those cookies look amazing, well done!
very cool…luckily I’ve never had insomnia…but I love chocolate chunk cookies!!
I love these small pleasures!! So great and simple and meaningful!
LikeLiked by 1 person