I think this was a pretty good week. Probably the best one since we moved here over a month ago, because it’s been rough. I was in pain often (hip problems), something’s always gotta be going on, but here are a few things that made my week good:
1. Feeling independent for the first time in this new city. We’ve been here for a month now and for the first time this week I had the car available to me to drive myself to my silks class. Though a tiny bit nervous to get lost (because I have the worst sense of direction) it felt kinda freeing to be behind the wheel, alone, in this big city. It’s nice to feel independent sometimes. On the way back, the sun was coming down on the river and it was a nice sight.
2. Cooking from scratch and enjoying it. Until this week from settling into our new apartment, I haven’t been able to cook much for weeks. Didn’t have access to many ingredients, so meals were kept very simple and quick. This week I spent hours in the kitchen cooking from scratch, using fresh produce, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s nice to do so when it hasn’t become a daily chore yet.
3. A good book! It has been a pretty long while since I enjoyed a fiction novel (my favourite kind to read). I started a few books in the last few months and didn’t get past the first couple chapters because I couldn’t get into them. (I did re-read the first 3 Harry Potter books, so that’s an exception), but lately I have been reading this book that my best friend recommended called: Ready Player One. I’m about halfway through and I’ve been enjoying every minute of it.
4. It cooled down! It’s no secret I’m not a hot weather/summer person. I’d get rid of summer if I could. I’ll keep spring, fall and winter. Since we arrived, it has been 90+F degrees every single day. This week we finally saw some 80s and even 70s! Wonderful.
5. Going to the movie theater. It’s also no secret I love movies and going to the movie theater (even if the movie is not so good). So this one is always a pleasure.
See what others were happy about:
This week’s small pleasures: episode 26 – Thistles and Kiwis
A Week of Small Pleasures #4 – flghtlssbrd
Weekly Delights #58 | Follow me to…
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Read the full details, and see previous posts.
P.S. You can also find me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, and PINTEREST.
6 thoughts on “Weekly Small Pleasures #102”
Looks like you had a good week! https://basia329.wordpress.com/2016/10/03/this-weeks-small-pleasures-episode-27/
Sounds like a good week! I, unlike you enjoy the warmth very much! lol So, for me, sunshine and sunsets make me happy! 🙂
I like sunshine, if it’s not hot haha. I like sunsets too, but who doesn’t? 🙂 And I totally prefer them to sunrises because I’m not a morning person.
Yea, humidity in the summer months totally sucks! And we can agree on the sunset thing, I can’t get up that early either! 😦